Wisconsin Literacy provides support, training and advocacy to its membership.
- Access to the "Members Only" section of this website, a resource on program management, tutor training and instructional strategies.
- Support services (including individual consulting) from Wisconsin Literacy's four Regional Literacy Consultants, based in Eau Claire, Green Bay, Madison and Milwaukee.
- Recognition and award events, such as the annual Celebration of Literacy hosted by First Lady Jessica Doyle.
- An annual report summarizing the number of students served in Wisconsin by adult literacy programs and their achievements.
- Updated state and national statistics for use in local funding advocacy efforts.
- Deep discounts on ProLiteracy-certified Train the Trainer events.
- Individualized technical assistance on board development, fundraising and other program management issues as needed.
- An annual legislative agenda to inform the state legislature of the impact of adult literacy services on Wisconsin's workforce, families and communities.
- Campaigns to increase public awareness of the needs of adult literacy students and the programs that serve them. Thanks to grants by Verizon, Wisconsin Literacy has held an annual tutor training campaign for the past several years where its members are financially compensated for each new volunteer tutor trained during the campaign.
- A website to inform the public, potential volunteers and students, businesses and state agencies about our members' services.
Who Can Join
Membership is open to any formally organized nonprofit literacy provider offering basic skills services to adults and/or families.
A partner level membership is also available for businesses and nonprofit organizations.
For current membership dues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.